IIJ America works as a member of your team to join in internal office server could migration projects.
Based on the rich know-how we have cultivated as a cloud service operator, we can support the smooth launch and execution of your projects.
Post-project customer operational burden can also be reduced by leveraging IIJ America’s other managed solutions.
In order to improve access speeds and stability, mail servers and file servers at the headquarters location were migrated to the IIJ GIO US service. A dedicated project team was launched and IIJ America ran the entire project, from server site survey to planning to migration.
- Provide various cloud services and migrate servers.
- Provide Internet connectivity to each office and implement a managed VPN to the cloud.
- Locations: 5
- Migration period: 3 months ~
- Pre-migration environment
- Mail servers and file servers located at HQ location.
- HQ using a T1 Internet connection.
- Pre-migration issues needing improvement
- All employees unable to access required information in the event of an Internet outage at the HQ location.
- Access extremely slow when traveling or connecting from home.
- Proposed service/solution
- Migrate servers to IIJA GIO US service
Placing servers in the cloud enables access without traversing the HQ location.
- High speed Ether Internet service for HQ
Upgrade to high-speed circuit to provide the same speeds as when servers were on the local area network (LAN).
- T1 Internet service for each branch office
Each location provided with a circuit for managed VPN with GIO as the hub for one-stop internal network, for complete end to end proactive response by IIJA, from fault troubleshooting to service restoration.
- Propose/implement server migration plan
- Implementation results
- Dramatic improvement in fault tolerance. Reliable servers, available any time.
- Improved availability and network speed for stress-free remote access.